Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Seizing Shadows #JustReleased

[][[] JUST RELEASED[][[]




Kalypso is supposed to be on assignment for the master of the hellhounds, Alkaios. Instead, she has been dragged into another incident by Valdimir and Fane. She arrives on the scene just after the action has ended. Stemming her vexation, she helps heal the injured Radek, Val’s son. Kalypso is forced to yet again clean up one of their messes.
She finds her friends have been keeping a deadly secret. Her heart is crushed when the worst should happen. The lives of those she cares about are all on the line. Vengeance will be had. Kalypso is forced to work with the one she vowed never to work with again. It requires her to open herself up in a way she never has before. Will she admit to the love that dwells in her heart? Will they all meet their demise?


Fur Fangs and Fairies Series
Mariana Thorn





Want to get a sneak peek inside this new release?

The blades of the helicopter were whirling overhead drowning out the voices coming through my headphones. My foot tapped on the floor in my frustration. My hand strayed to the hilt of the fae sword I carried. It had been a gift and never left my side. I rarely used it, but always carried it.
"Why did he not wait for us to arrive," I shouted into the microphone to my companion sitting across from me.



"You know Val. He wouldn't have wanted to wait," Fane yelled back at me.
Yelling was the only way we could hear each other. I abhorred yelling.
"It was imprudent," I growled, my fangs were out tonight.
"We’ll land in a few minutes," he said, trying to calm me.
I looked out at the darkened landscape below. It would be over by then. I could make out people bellowing into their communication links. There were already bodies. I heard Dante yell that Radek was down. My body tensed. My mind screamed, no. I could not hear Val yet, so he must still be shifted or worse. I hated being unable to do anything. The next few minutes felt like hours. I gripped the edge of the seat as the pilot started to land. My foot was still tapping. I was so tense that when Fane laid a hand on my leg I nearly jumped from my seat. I sent him a glare and he just winked at me.
Once we were clear of the helicopter, we made our way to the farm. We both still had our communication links in so we could hear what was going on. I heard Val's voice finally. He was agitated. It sounded like some serious injuries.
Removing my earpiece, I took a deep breath, drawing in what was happening around me. I felt Fane put a hand on my back to guide me as my eyes closed.
The information filtered through my senses. The scent of blood and death was heavy in the air. My skin tingled with the magic of the shifters and vampires that were present. Then the emotions started hitting me. Fear and rage were warring for the top spot in my senses. They were coming from Val. It was not usual for him to be uncontrolled. Something disturbed me, I was unsure what it could be.
My feeling was that Fane knew something of which I was unaware. That made me glance his direction. He towered over me by about a foot. He just nodded ahead. There was a group of humans with guns; they had some other humans on their knees in handcuffs. The one that seemed to be in charge approached us, as we got closer.
"Who are you," he asked.
"I answer to no human," I growled. My lips tugged into a smile as he fought with himself not to step back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment